The Philly Doula Co-op believes that the post-partum period (3 months after baby's birth) is truly the 4th trimester of pregnancy and just as crucial to mother and baby as the stages of pregnancy.
Our post-partum doulas are trained, experienced, liability-insured, and passionate about helping you feel confidant and comfortable in this new phase of life. Our post-partum doulas offer hourly services (minimum of 4 hours) and overnight services for new parents and baby(ies). Our post-partum doulas can support you with :
- Feeding support
- Sleep support for the whole family
- Diapering and baby-wearing guidance
- Emotional/physical support for recovering mother
- Baby soothing techniques
- Baby's first bath
- Accompaniment on first outings
- Light house work
- LIght meal prep
- Running errands
- Sibling care/support
- Referrals for resources like support groups, lactation consultants, pediatricians, classes, etc.
Our doulas will meet with you free of charge to ensure that she is the right fit for you and your families needs. For fees and investment package pricing please see our Fee Structure page.